UNAIDS has just released its latest Report on the Global AIDS epidemic
- Centre for Social Science Research (CSSR)
- Centre for the Study of AIDS
- Consolidation of Municipal Transformation Project (CMTP)
- Health Economics and HIV/AIDS Research Division
- Health Systems Trust
- Human Sciences Research Council - Social Aspects of HIV/AIDS Research Alliance (SAHARA)
- National Department of Health
- Treatment Action Campaign
The Handbook for facilitating development and governance responses to HIV and AIDS was recently launched at the 4th South African AIDS Conference in Durban. The Handbook is intended to guide municipalities on how to mainstream HIV and AIDS. Support to municipalities using the handbook has already started in Mpumalanga, Eastern Cape and the Free State. The Handbook was produced by dplg in partnership with SALGA, INCA Capacity Building Fund, the Medical Research Council and GTZ. This flyer provides more information on the HIV and AIDS Handbook and for a copy of the Handbook please go to www.cogta.gov.za.
CMRA Benchmarking HIV/AIDS Newsletters
The Institute for Democracy in South Africa (Idasa) has completed a number of interesting projects focussing on HIV/AIDS and Local Government. Amongst the reports produced are the following:
- HIV/AIDS and Local Government in South Africa: Examining the impact of an epidemic on ward councillors.
- AIDS, Leadership and Service Delivery: What the People Think.
- Press Release - AIDS, Leadership and Service Delivery: What the People Think.
Web Design done by Flatspin Web Solutions